Emails answered on the “Bob Pritchard Radio Show”
My first email today is from Lucy Sullivan of Miami, Florida, who is one of the partners in a Vetinary practice.
Before I get to Lucy’s email, I’ve got to say how great it is to see so many ladies listening to the program. I’m really pleased you are listening and I hope you tell all your friends to tune in.
Now back to Lucy’s email…….
Great show, really helpful to us in small business where we don’t have any real business training and are guided by gut instincts. The interview last week with Les Hall was terrific and reinforced what we had already been thinking. We buy advertising in the Miami Herald and we get a very mediocre response, and often no response at all. Everyone we talk to seems to agree that using the web is the way to go, but to be honest we don’t even know where to start.
Lucy, a first vital step is to get to know customers better. Demographics don’t cut it today. So, before you start ask these questions.
1. What is your customer’s online behavior. – What do they do on-line and where? Facebook and Twitter or forums, or news and media or in private networks? Do they produce or consume content.
2. What are their typical profiles? Are the people who will buy online from you the same or different than you offline customers?
3. What sites will reach those customer profiles?
4. What content and online experiences are your customers looking for? Do you need social media to drive awareness, aid sales or add post sale customer support?
5. Where is the opportunity? Is there a customer need that is not being fulfilled?
6. What are customers saying about you, your competition and the market place?
Lucy, the answers will help you determine what the customers want and the social media you need to use to achieve it. But, you should initially focus on blogs and social networking to build a following.
This show is all about helping you be more successful. My new book “Kick Ass
Business and Marketing Secrets” is now on its way to you.